Friday, February 11, 2011

Elsa Mora



Part of the purpose of this blog is to introduce you to other artists, Australian and international who you may or may not have come across before.  Even though we may practice one form of art ourselves our inspiration comes from many diverse places.

Today I would like to introduce you to Elsa Mora




Her work is filled with fairy tales and stories that I imagine are not always rosy tales of love.  I am espeically taken with her paper cuts which are incredibly detailed and very time consuming.  I find it difficult to imagine the control she possesses to make such intricate works.  Like her papercuts her drawings are quirky, yet very narrative.  With Elsa's work my mind travels to far off places filled with talking animals and intriquing adventures. 





You can also visit her Etsy shop for prints of some of her works.  Elsita Etsy Shop



This last one is one of my favorites.